At Leaders Who Fiction, we respect your privacy. We are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy, which describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Updated: June 27th, 2022
We at Leaders Who Fiction (“Company” or “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website leaderswhofiction.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
• on this Website
• in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website and communications with Company.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• except as set forth specifically above, us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company, our parent company, Strategic Piece LLC, or any third party; or
• any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is to not use our Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as name, user id, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
• that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• directly from you when you provide it to us;
• automatically as you navigate through the site.
Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies or web beacons.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
• information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, if any, and when you report a problem with our Website.
• records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
• responses you provide to surveys that we conduct through our Website.
• your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
• speed up your searches.
• recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• to present our Website and its contents to you.
• to provide you with information, products, or services that you request.
• to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
• in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• for any other purpose with your prior consent.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
• to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
• to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• with your prior consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI website.
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email to email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If we give you (or where you choose) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Do not to share your password with anyone. Be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.